Ajmer is famously known for its pilgrimage sights situated in the northern Indian State of Rajasthan. The city is living proof of the perfect blending between both Hindu and Muslim religions in one place. Ajmer has numerous temples as well as historical monuments. The frequent and famous tourist spot is the Ajmer Sharif Dargah a tomb of Sufi Saint Khawaja Moinuddin Chishti, and also many other tourist attractions are included in the Kochi to Ajmer Tour.
Ajmer consists of many tourists attraction spots starting from the famous Ajmer Sharif Dargah, to Taragah Fort for an amazing view of the city, Ajmer Jain Temple, Adhai Din Ka Jhopra, the Kishangarh City, Akbar's Palace, Ana Sagar Lake, and many more temples. Visitors can add these spots to their tour for an amazing experience while traveling in Ajmer to Kochi Taxi.
Tourists can add Pushkar to their Ajmer Pushkar Tour Package as the place is quite close by to explore the 52 bathing Ghats and over 400 temples around Pushkar Lake. One can even get to experience the Pushkar Camel Fair for local insights with folk dance and music at the evening entertainment. Taste the delicious cuisines of Rajasthan on the local streets of Pushkar.
Major Highlights of the Tour Package
- The tour begins with the most visited pilgrimage site where millions of devotees and tourists visit the shrine every year known as the Ajmer Sharif Dargah, a tomb of Sufi Saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti.
- The next stoppage is the former mosque Adhai Din Ka Jhonpda, which is quite popular for its Indo- Islamic architectural design with complicated carvings style.
- Explore the manmade lake by taking a boat ride around the lush green garden of Ana Sagar Lake for its scenery.
- Visit the historical place at the hilltop for a magnificent view of the city below at the popular tourist attraction of Taragarh Fort.
- To explore more of Ajmer, take a stroll around the Ajmer Bazaar for local sightseeing and shopping for textiles, authentic jewelry, Indian spices, and many more.
- To add more sightseeing to one's tour, tourists can visit Pushkar famous for the temples, Camel Fair held annually, and Lake.
- Visiting Ajmer and not tasting the traditional cuisine of Rajasthan such as Dal Baati Churma, Sohan Halwa, and Kachori.
How to reach Ajmer?
By Air:- Tourists need to book a flight to Jaipur International Airport and then book a cab or take a bus to Ajmer City as the distance between Jaipur to Ajmer is 131 km away taking 2 hour's drive.
By Train:- Due to no direct train to Ajmer, the visitors need to book a ticket at the nearby Jaipur station and take a cab or bus to reach Ajmer. Trains such as Marusagar Express, Kochuveli – Dehradun Express, and Ernakulam – Barauni Rapti Sagar Express are the trains that operate on this route.
By Road:- Tourists can book a cab, or take a bus to Ajmer. Visitors are even given the option of a chauffeur for a private tour around the Ajmer Sightseeing Tour, to avoid fatigue plan stoppage in between the routes.
How to get around in Ajmer?
Tourists can get around in Ajmer through many modes of transportation be it a taxi from Taxi Services in Ajmer for traveling or for local sightseeing one can take local buses to get more insights into local Ajmer customs and traditions. Auto-rickshaws are also a great option to travel around Ajmer City for shorter distances as well as to try street food and enjoy the bustling market of Ajmer
One can even book a cab or chauffeur in advance from Car Rental in Ajmer for a more convenient and private tour around Ajmer City. The company provides its best tour guide who is a professional driver maintaining the cab hygiene and safety of customers throughout the journey.
Tips to plan to Ajmer Tour
- Plan the trip duration of the Ajmer Tour Package accordingly as the Ajmer tour takes 2-3 days but if the tourists want to prolong their stay they can visit Pushkar.
- The best time to visit Ajmer for local sightseeing and tour is around the winter season as traveling in the summer season can be tiring plus Pushkar Camel Fair is held in November month.
- Booking a tour in advance is recommended to avoid a last-minute rush as it can get crowded during peak seasons.
- Pick the right mode of transport for traveling according to the tourist's comfort, and budget for a hassle-free vacation.
- Route planning beforehand is necessary to eliminate unwanted wastage of time and money during traveling.
- Pack light while traveling in the summer season don't forget a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen. And warm clothes for winter season touring.
- Know about the place's customs and tradition as it's a holy city where non-veg food and drinking is not allowed in public.