Founded on a barren hill in the 7th century A.D. by Raja Ajay Pal Chauhan naming it Ajay Meru which later turned out as Ajmer. The name itself elaborates on the history of Ajmer which was the epicenter of the Chauhan dynasty. Later, it became the ruling ground of many dynasties like the Mughals and Britishers revered by Hindus and Muslims. Ajmer stands as a symbol of unity, history, and beauty which cannot be missed. Travellers from across the world flock to the city to worship the Sufi saint in Dargah Sharif.
Ajmer Tour Package from Delhi is one of the most preferred weekend getaway tours for Delhiites. Travellers in Delhi plan their trip to Ajmer for worshipping the famous dargah sharif of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti. Another reason for planning a trip to Ajmer from Delhi is the quaint little town of Pushkar, located close to Ajmer. A day excursion to Pushkar can also be planned from Ajmer to make the tour more amazing.
Ajmer Tour presents the best all-inclusive Delhi to Ajmer Tour that offers travellers a safe and comfortable journey. This tour includes a local sightseeing tour of Ajmer, a taxi rental service, a chauffeur-driven tour, a pickup and drop service, a hotel, and many more. This tour is customizable, we can tailor-make this tour as per your interest and preference. Booking this tour online in advance will increase the chance of getting some exciting discounted offers.
Major tour highlights of Ajmer tour –
- Worship the Sufi saint of Ajmer Dargah Sharif (Listen to the soul-soothing Qwalli)
- Boating in the scenic Ana Sagar Lake (A Captivating Attraction)
- Witness the ancient ruins of Adhai Din ka Jhopda (The oldest Mosque in Ajmer)
- See the ancient artifacts at Akbar Palace and Museum (Reveal the Mughal History)
- Watch the sunset over the Foy Sagar Lake (Majestic vies of Aravallis)
- Take a stroll around the Daulat Bagh (Built by Jahangir)
How to reach Ajmer?
There are several options to reach Ajmer from Delhi, which is approximately 400 km away:
By Train: Ajmer has its railway station, which is well-connected to Delhi by several trains like the Shatabdi Express, Rajdhani Express, and Ajmer Shatabdi Express.
By Road: Ajmer is well-connected to Delhi by road, and several bus services operate on this route. The Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation (RSRTC) operates regular buses from Delhi to Ajmer.
By Air: The nearest airport to Ajmer is the Jaipur International Airport, which is approximately 135 km away from Ajmer. From there, one can take a taxi or a bus to reach Ajmer.
One can choose the mode of transportation according to their preferences and budget.
How to travel around Ajmer?
In Ajmer, one can travel around the city by auto-rickshaws, cycle-rickshaws, or taxis. Auto-rickshaws and cycle rickshaws are the most used mode of transportation for short distances. They are easily available and affordable.
Taxis are also available for hire and are a convenient way to travel around the city, especially for tourists. The local taxi service in Ajmer is operated by various private taxi companies as well as individual taxi owners. One can book a taxi online or hire one from taxi stands or travel agencies. The fares are generally fixed, but it is advisable to negotiate the price before hiring a taxi to avoid any misunderstandings later.
Tips to plan a tour of Ajmer –
- The ideal time to visit Ajmer is during the winter season (October to March) or URS Festival.
- Try out the mouth-watering cuisines served at the best restaurants in Ajmer.
- Shop down for traditional artifacts as a souvenir to take back from the Ajmer tour.
- Hire a suitable taxi rental service in Ajmer for getting around comfortably.
- Plan a day trip to Pushkar for a fun-filled experience.
- Indulge in some amazing adventures like jeep safari, hot air balloon ride, camel safari, desert camping, etc.