Ajmer City is located in the northern Indian state of Rajasthan and 130 km away from Jaipur City. Ajmer is significantly known for its Jain religion as it's home to a golden Jain Temple. Moreover, it's also famous for the artificial lake Ana Sagar Lake. The city is considered to be a pilgrimage spot for both Hindu and Muslim religions.
One can visit famous tourists spots such as the Ajmer Sharif Dargah, Adhai Din Ka Jhonpda, Mayo College, Ana Sagar Lake, Soniji ki Nasiyan, Lake Foy Sagar, Nareli Jain Temple, Sai Baba Temple, Taragarh Fort, Kishangarh Fort and many more. Furthermore, if the tourists have enough time they can visit Pushkar which is 14 km away from Ajmer.
Ajmer represents the diversification of Indian culture and ethics with a perfect mix of religion, history, and fusion of harmony among the citizens. The city offers plenty of sightseeing locations for tourists to enjoy their vacation in Ajmer.
One must take an Ajmer Pushkar Tour Package if they have plenty of time left in their hands to visit Pushkar after travelling to Ajmer. As Pushkar is nearby to Ajmer, and Pushkar is known for having the only Brahma temple present in the whole world as well as it has 52 bathing Ghats and over 400 temples to explore around Pushkar Lake.
Major Highlights of the Tour Package
- The first stop which comes in Mysore to Ajmer Tour is the Ajmer Sharif Dargah for holy worshipping as it's famous for being a Sufi Shrine of Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti.
- Visit Pushkar for its Lake, Camel Fair, and over 400 Temples. It's also known for its beautiful nature.
- Built in the 16th century the majestic Taragarh Fort is also the most visited place in Ajmer.
- One can take a boat ride around Ana Sagar Lake called an artificial lake located in the heart of the city.
- Visit the incredible architectural combination of Indo- Islamic of Adhai Din Ka Jhonpda, which was a Sanskrit College before becoming a monument.
- Pay a visit to the Red Temple known as Nasiyan Jain Temple and admire its amazing carving and architectural representation.
- Explore the oldest prestigious college in India, the Mayo College build during the colonial era.
- Experiences history come alive at the Museum of Akbari Fort and Museum which showcases the artifacts from the Mughal era
- To know more about Ajmer's history and culture visit Daulat Bagh and Museum.
- Shop around the local markets for traditional textiles, jewelry, and much more.
How to reach Ajmer?
By Air:- From Mysore, one can take connecting domestic flight to Jaipur International Airport, and from there either the tourists can book a cab from the Taxi Services in Ajmer or take a bus to Ajmer. As Ajmer is 130km away from Jaipur.
By Train:- There is no direct train from Mysore to Ajmer. However, one can take a train to Jaipur or Delhi and then take a bus or train to Ajmer for Ajmer Sightseeing Tour. Some popular trains from Mysore to Jaipur are Jaipur Express and Ajmer Jaipur Express.
By Road: Tourists get the option to book a Chauffeur or car from the Car Rental in Ajmer for convenient travelling from Jaipur to Ajmer or a nearby train station for Ajmer tourists to spot. All the roads to main tourist spots are well maintained for travelling purposes for locals as well as for foreigners.
How to get around in Ajmer?
Travelling around Ajmer is quite easy as tourists can book an Ajmer to Mysore Taxi which can expensive but convenient way to travel. Buses are available to different parts of the city at an affordable price for their tourists visit. It can be a great way to explore the cities by themselves but it can be crowded during peak hours. For shorter distances and local sightseeing, one can take a ride on auto-rickshaws as it's affordable and convenient for small-distance traveling.
Moreover, walking and bicycle tours can be effective too for knowing the local markets and streets, and listening to sounds of people speaking in their local language. There is always a private tour option available to tourists if they wish to have a peaceful vacation, these tours can be customized according to the tourist's interests. Though, it's a great way to explore Ajmer in a personalized way.
Tips to plan Ajmer Tour
- Plan the Ajmer Tour Package during the winter season which is from March to May for ideal travelling, though the monsoon season makes the city beautiful.
- Explore the local shops for authentic accessories, clothes, handicrafts, relics, and much more.
- Tourists needing adventure join Camel Safari, Jeep Safari, hot air balloon, and many more.
- Experience the traditional cuisine and street foods of Rajasthan at local stalls.
- For more adventurous sports take part in quad-cycling, zip-lining, hiking, trekking, and many more activities available on Ajmer Tour.
- Add Camping at night in the desert for enjoying traditional folk dance and music.